The Myrtle Beach Municipal Court is responsible for adjudicating criminal misdemeanor offenses involving city ordinances and state statutes. This includes traffic offenses and property crimes involving $1,000 or less. You may call the Clerk of Court’s Office at 843-918-1356.
The Clerk of Court’s Office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. The Clerk of Court’s Office is closed during city-observed holidays. Jennifer Wilson is the Chief Municipal Judge, and Shelly Askey is the Clerk of Court.
If you prefer, you may pay city, county and state tickets on-line through the Horry County Court System’s web site. Answers to Frequently Asked Court Questions also are available, or call the Clerk of Court at 843-918-1356.
- No hats or headscarves
- No halter tops, tank tops or “muscle” shirts
- No ripped or torn clothing
- No see-through clothes
- No pajama-type clothing, slippers or workout gear
- No heavily soiled work clothing
- No clothing with obscene words or images
- No shorts or skirts that are shorter than mid-thigh length.
- Monday: 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday: 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: No trials
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Note: On the holiday closures, bond hearings are conducted at 9:00 a.m. only.
- One week (Monday – Thursday) monthly: 10:00 a.m. (Notification is sent regarding the specific dates.)
- Every other month for one day: 10:00 a.m. (Notification is sent regarding the specific dates.)
- One day a month: 10:00 a.m. (Notification is sent regarding the specific dates.)
The Court Division also employs five ministerial recorders, one court clerk, one administrative secretary, and one bailiff. The two clerks of courts and the administrative secretary double as ministerial recorders, for a total of eight ministerial recorders.