Everyone wants to find “the best” Myrtle Beach personal injury lawyer when they have a claim and they want it handled right. How do you know who “the best” attorneys are?
Finding the right lawyer can be difficult when you don’t have experience with local attorneys. Although some information is available online, it is usually limited. How can you find information that will help you decide on “the best” lawyer for you and your case?
- You can check the SC Bar’s website for disciplinary actions.
- You can ask local attorneys who they would recommend.
- You can look for media articles that mention the attorney online.
- You can sometimes find reported appellate opinions online from an attorney’s trials.
- You can review the information on an attorney’s website.
- You can meet with local attorneys and question them about how they handle their cases.
The truth is there is no “best” lawyer, because your opinion of what is “best” may not be the same as someone else’s. What you are really looking for is the “right attorney” for you and for your case…
I Just Want to Settle My Case…
Most people do, and it makes your life much easier when your case is settled. But, what happens if the insurance company does not settle your case for full compensation?
The attorneys who regularly settle auto accident cases for higher dollar amounts are the same attorneys who will take an insurance company to trial when they do not pay full compensation. If an attorney settles every case quickly with no jury trials, there is no reason for insurance companies to offer that attorney’s clients full value for their claims.
When researching “the best” personal injury lawyers, you are most likely looking for a personal injury lawyer who regularly tries cases to juries and who does not settle every case quickly. Although you should let your attorney know when a fast settlement is important, you do not want to be a widget on an assembly line.
You need to know that, when your lawyer picks up your file, your case is the most important file in their office.
What Else Should I Look for in an Auto Accident Attorney?
There are many things that you can look when you research and meet with attorneys to ensure that your attorney is a good fit for you and for your case:
- Do I like their personality? Although you don’t have to be best friends with your lawyer, you need to get along with them and trust their advice.
- Did they answer my questions or were they evasive? Again, you need to trust your lawyer. If they are not answering your questions in an initial interview that could be a problem…
- What is their philosophy? Are you walking into a “car wreck mill,” or is your attorney going to fight for every dollar that you are owed?
- Do they seem like a business person who is eager to take your money, or do they seem to genuinely care about your situation?
- Do they listen to you? If the attorney does all the talking but doesn’t let you tell your story, that could be a red flag…
- Do they have experience handling auto accidents and other personal injury cases? You would not want to hire a pediatrician to do an eye exam, right?
Experienced Auto Accident Lawyers in Myrtle Beach SC
The personal injury lawyers at Axelrod and Associates have years of experience handling auto accident claims. They know how to investigate your claim, negotiate with the insurance companies, and try your case to a jury if your claim is not paid.