Got Axelrod? Call Our Experienced Myrtle Beach Criminal and Personal Injury attorneys.


At Axelrod & Associates, we face adversity daily when fighting for our clients. We want to assure our clients that during this time of adversity throughout our country, we will continue to fight for our clients and provide quality legal representation that defines Axelrod & Associates, P.A.

Please view our COVID-19 statement to learn more about the steps we are taking to continue to provide legal representation for our clients while putting health and safety first.

Got Axelrod?

How do I Get an Accident Report in SC?

Information is the most important tool you have when you file a SC personal injury lawsuit after a car accident. And, of all the information you gather after an accident, the police report may be the most important.

The investigating officer should give you a copy of the initial police report, form FR-10, at the scene of the accident.

But, you can request a more detailed accident report that should include contact information for any witnesses to the accident and information recorded by the officer about the scene and the condition of the vehicles that were involved.

SC Accident Reports

Although you can request SC accident reports on your own, your Myrtle Beach auto accident lawyer at Axelrod and Associates will do this for you and provide you with copies of all documents and evidence related to your case.

The responding officer should note in the accident report whether the other driver was speeding or showed signs of being impaired by alcohol or other drugs. They should also note the road conditions, the weather at the time of the accident, the exact location of the wreck, and which direction each vehicle was traveling.

The name, gender, age, phone number, and address of witnesses interviewed by police should be included which will make it easier for your attorney to locate them.

The SC accident report will be your attorney's starting point when interviewing the fact witnesses and determining what the testimony would be at trial, and it can be a critical piece of evidence because both sides and the court will often rely on the officer's observations when making decisions in your case.

What can I do to Help Gather Evidence in My Case?

There are other things that you may be able to do that will help your attorney to win your SC auto accident case.

For example, if you are not transported by medical personnel and if it does not place you or anyone else in danger, you should do the following at the scene of the accident:

  • Communicate effectively with police to ensure that they gather accurate information;
  • Take photos of the scene of the accident;
  • Take photos of all vehicles involved, any property damage, and any injuries;
  • Talk to witnesses to get their names, phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses; and
  • Ask witnesses for a written statement if they did not already provide one to law enforcement.

Got Axelrod?

Schedule a free consultation with a Myrtle Beach personal injury lawyer on the Axelrod team today. Call us at (843) 916-9300 or fill out our contact form to set up a free initial consultation about your case.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Got Axelrod? Call 843.353.3449
Email Us For A Response

Get A Free Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form. Consultations will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Please note that some consultations may require a consultation fee. Please contact our office for further information.


Privacy Policy

Axelrod & Associates, P.A.
4701 Oleander Drive, Suite A
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Phone: 843-353-3449
Fax: 843.916.9311
Myrtle Beach Law Office Map

Axelrod & Associates, P.A.
331 E. Main Street, Suite 200
Rock Hill, SC 29730

Phone: 843-353-3449
Rock Hill Law Office Map

Axelrod & Associates, P.A.
3700 Golf Colony Ln
Little River, SC 29566

Phone: 843-353-3449
Little River Law Office Map

Myrtle Beach Office
1550 N. Oak St.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Map & Directions