STUART M. AXELROD ESQ.
- Managing Attorney
Stuart M. Axelrod, Esq., Myrtle Beach DUI Attorney and Criminal Defense and Personal Injury Lawyer, has been in practice since March 1998. In 2005 he founded and opened Axelrod & Associates in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. In 2015 he opened a satellite office in Rock Hill, South Carolina. As owner and founder of Axelrod & Associates, Mr. Axelrod oversees all areas of practice within the firm and strives to take an active role in each client’s case/matter.
Mr. Axelrod is admitted to practice before all courts in the state of South Carolina, including the South Carolina Court of Appeals, Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court for the Fourth Circuit. He earned his J.D. from Rutgers Law School in 1997. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in political science from Coastal Carolina University, having graduated summa cum laude in 1992. He was the class valedictorian and recipient of the President’s Award for highest grade point average during his undergraduate education.
Mr. Axelrod previously worked as an assistant public defender with the Horry County Public Defenders’ Office and as contract attorney with the Georgetown Public Defender’s Office from 2003 – 2012, where he honed his trial skills and unrelenting tenacity in the courtroom.
Mr. Axelrod has extensive legal and trial experience, having more than 200 trials in South Carolina courts, and takes pride in providing quality representation to all clients for whom he and this firm have the privilege to represent. He is a member of the South Carolina Bar Association, Horry County Bar Association, South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Forfeiture Proceedings
- SVP Commitment
- Civil Litigation
- Appellate Proceedings
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
- South Carolina, 1997
- South Carolina Court of Appeals
- South Carolina Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1997
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Coastal Carolina University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1992
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Class Valedictorian and recipient of the President’s Award
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Horry County Bar Association, Member
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, Member
- South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Horry County Public Defenders’ Office, Assistant Public Defender
- Georgetown Public Defender’s Office, Contract Attorney, 2003 to 2012