Have You Been Charged With A Crime In Myrtle Beach?
If you are accused of a crime in South Carolina, you have the right to remain silent. This is a time in your life when it is very important to use that right. The less information you give police, the less evidence the prosecutor will have to use against you — and the greater the likelihood of getting the charges reduced or dismissed.
Before you say or do anything, call Axelrod & Associates, P.A. in Myrtle Beach at 843-353-3449 for a free initial consultation. Whether you reside in the Myrtle Beach area or you are from out of town, you will face the power of the government and its resources and the possibility of severe consequences if you are convicted of a crime. You need experienced attorneys on your side to protect your future and your reputation.
The following are examples of the types of criminal charges our defense attorneys can handle:
- Drug crimes: Local law enforcement sets up stings all over Myrtle Beach, the Grand Strand and surrounding areas to catch drug users and drug sellers.
- Robbery crimes: Robbery and burglary are serious charges that can result in jail time.
- Sex offenses: If you have been charged with criminal sexual conduct, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you.
- Assault: The law recognizes that there are two sides to every story when it comes to charges such as assault.
- Domestic violence: The South Carolina Legislature has increased the penalties for criminal domestic violence, so that a second offense carries mandatory prison time.
- Murder: Can you imagine serving a life sentence for a crime you didn’t commit? That could happen if you are accused of homicide.
- Juvenile charges: At Axelrod & Associates, P.A., we always remember that a single mistake doesn’t make your child a criminal.
If you are in jail, we can help you negotiate a reduction in bond so you can go to work and live your life while we are preparing your defense.
If you have been convicted of a crime, we can help you pursue an appeal of the verdict or sentence whether we handled your original criminal case or not.
If you are faced with a violation of probation, our lawyers will work to keep you out of jail and get you back on track to complete your probation successfully.