4701 Oleander Drive, Suite A
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577


Axelrod & Associates, P.A.

I’ve compiled some of the most common questions that we get from new clients. Any information here may vary depending on the facts and circumstances of your individual case, and this is intended only to give you a general understanding of the claims process and what is involved in an auto accident case.

How Much Will an Auto Accident Lawyer Cost Me?

Axelrod & Associates, P.A. will not charge you anything for an initial consultation to review your accident case. In most cases, auto accidents are treated as contingency fee cases. This means that you do not pay us any attorney fees unless we win your case, and the fees are not payable until the conclusion of your case after the settlement has been received. In most auto accident cases, the attorney fees are 1/3 of the recovery and the client is also responsible for the costs of litigation such as filing fees and expert witness fees.

What is My Case Worth?

It is impossible for an attorney to say what a case may be worth before knowing all the facts. Your auto accident attorney at Axelrod & Associates, P.A. will gather the evidence and statements from any witnesses, review your medical records, and will leave no stone unturned in looking at all possible categories of damages that may apply to your situation. We will need to look at any liability and comparative negligence issues, whether you have any family members that also may be entitled to a recovery, lost wages, non-economic damages such as pain and suffering, and whether the defendant may be subject to punitive damages.

Should I Give a Statement to the Insurance Adjuster?

Insurance claim representatives will often attempt to contact you before you have had the opportunity to speak with an attorney. They are trained to interview you while looking for facts that would allow them to deny or limit their liability. Notify your own insurance company immediately following your accident, but do not give any statements to any insurance company, including your own, before meeting with your personal injury lawyer.

Who Pays for My Medical Bills After an Accident?

The insurance company for the at-fault driver is likely to deny, limit, or delay payment of your medical expenses. You should still seek all medical treatment that you need, and, if possible, have your health insurance cover the costs until your case has been resolved. The at-fault driver is responsible for your medical expenses and other damages. What this usually means is that their insurance company will pay the expenses as part of a settlement or successful verdict at trial.

What if the At-Fault Driver Does Not Have Insurance?

There may be a policy that you are not aware of that would cover the accident. If there is not, your own insurance policy may include coverage for uninsured or underinsured motorists that you will be able to recover from. In some cases, the at-fault driver will have resources and ability to pay a judgment against them, or they may work for a company that is liable for their actions while driving. Even if you do not believe that the other driver has insurance coverage, call your personal injury lawyer at Axelrod & Associates, P.A. for a free consultation to see if we can help.

I’ve just been in an accident. What should I do?

Immediately check for injuries for all passengers and seek emergency medical care. Often after an accident, a victim will be in shock and not realize the extent of the injuries at the scene. Medical and emergency technicians can evaluate, and very importantly, document all injuries. Next, call the police and file a report after any accident.

What information do I need to gather at the scene of the accident?

You can never have too much information. Collect the names and insurance information of parties involved, any eyewitnesses’ contact information, and be sure to document via notes, photos and video any of the details, time and scene of the accident.

What is the process for getting compensation for my injuries?

If you’ve been injured in an accident, call Axelrod & Associates, P.A. Our legal team will evaluate your case and work to get the compensation you deserve. We will work with the insurance companies involved. In many cases, compensation can be negotiated out of court. Other times, your case will go to court.

What if I don’t have visible physical injuries, but only damages to my vehicle?

Even if you did not sustain any bodily injury, you still may be able to have your vehicle repaired or get compensation for a total vehicle loss.

Should I try to negotiate with the other party on my own?

Never. It’s always best to seek help from law enforcement and obtain legal representation after being injured in an auto or vehicle accident. The auto accident lawyers at Axelrod & Associates, P.A. will fight to protect your legal rights to make sure you receive fair compensation for your auto accident.


Get the maximum compensation you deserve for car accidents. Call 843-353-3449 or complete our contact form for a free initial consultation. We have offices in Myrtle Beach, Rock Hill and Little River.

Recent Posts



Need help? Contact Axelrod & Associates, P.A.

Our Locations

Medios de Comunicación Social:


Request your

The fields marked with * are mandatory.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.